|If you are seeking a legal abortion, you should know your rights before making your decision.
Abortion injuries can be FATAL and you should protect yourself and your legal rights.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT
- You Have The RIGHT to insist that your abortion is performed ONLY by a licensed physician.
- You Have The RIGHT to know if this physician's license has ever been suspended or revoked.
- You Have The RIGHT to know if this physician has a history of malpractice. For a list of lawsuits against abortion doctors in Harris County, call (713) 263-8400.
- You Have The RIGHT to be told whether this physician has medical malpractice insurance in case you are injured or killed during the procedure. At the present time, Texas DOES NOT have a law that requires physicians to carry malpractice insurance.
- DO NOT give away your legal rights. Do not sign a statement that you will not hold the clinic or doctor liable if you are injured or killed during the abortion. No competent attorney would advise you to sign such a statement.
- Regardless of your age, marital status or any other factor, no one has the legal right to force you to have an abortion.
- If someone is trying to force you into this decision against your will, contact (713) 263-8400 for Houston, Texas area or call 1-800-401-6494.
- Texas Law requires a doctor to notify a parent of a patient who is less than 18 years of age (a minor) before the minor can have an abortion unless the court grants a waiver.
- Things your doctor should talk to you about prior to abortion:
- How long you've been pregnant.
- The medical risks of having an abortion.
- The medical risks of continuing your pregnancy.
- Visit Texas Department of Health website to read more or download a copy of the Woman's Right To Know booklet and the Woman's Right To Know Resource Directory.
- Texas Department of Health website is secure. No information will be collected or record any information about you.
POST ABORTION CHECKLIST
- Were you physically or emotionally injured as a result of your abortion?
- Were you misled or lied to by anyone working at the abortion clinic?
- Was the abortion done against your will or without your written permission?
- Did anyone tell you that you couldn't change your mind about the abortion?
- Were you assaulted, detained, or treated improperly at the clinic?
- If you answered "YES" to ANY of these questions, contact Life Dynamics Incorporated at 1-800-401-6494.